Monday, December 7, 2009

in with the old out with the new

Needless to say, I have never been a huge fan of change. Now I know how necessary it is. I know that nothing can ever "stay the same..." Just the same, I love things that are as for sure as death and taxes. Now, since that sounds a little morbid-please let me redeem myself! I am coming to this dislove of change not for the first time.

It happens to me each year, around exams, and I am invariably moving out of a room and into another. Being the nester that I am, this move always happens and then I am left studying in a very anti-cozy room. Here I am again, (see some things never change) trying to make the most of my empty room. So, why not nest a little on my blog space? How about I go through some of my favorite things--and we will both feel a little more at home. In no particular order.


1. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"-Judy Garland in Meet Me in St. Louis makes me cry, but it is very beautiful and never fails to bring back good Christmas memories.

2. While we are on the oldies kick, how about his video clip? I think it epitomizes that phrase, that I find to be true of so many of my loved ones: "you can't live with them and you can't live without them." But I really can't live without them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-G07i35eE

3. Caramel popcorn, and any popcorn for that matter. I think there are four basic food groups: coffee, popcorn, bagels, and cream cheese. I love them all, but coffee-above all else.


4. The smell of a cinammon candle at Christmas time, burning leaves in the fall, spring rain hitting the pavement and summer camp smells and twinkle lights all year round.


5. Aveeno Stress-Free Body Wash
Even Though it doesn't make your stress disappear, it smells very clean and puts me in a good mood.
6. Rocking Chairs



7. Reading in bed. Right now my favorite books is On Agate Hill by Lee Smith, which I would recommend to romance readers, Civil War readers, Southern readers, and mystery readers.

8. Online Plate Shopping. My favorite reaction to my plate shopping is Kurt being very concerned that he will not be able to fit enough food on small "girl plates." These are definitely girl plates-but I really love them.




love to all- and more to come. maybe you feel a little more at home!
emily

No comments:

Post a Comment