Wednesday, January 12, 2011

something missing


going back to the corner where i first saw you
gonna camp in my sleeping bag I'm not gonna move
got some words on cardboard got your picture in my hands
saying if you see this girl can you tell her where i am

...

'cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
and your heart starts to wonder where on earth i could be,
thinking maybe you'd come back here to the place that we'd meet
and you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.

i'm loving The Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script lately--so beautiful & passionate. can you imagine? ah. love.

made me think of "here I raise my ebenzer hither by thy help I've come." you may think it a bit of a stretch, but think about it--he goes back to that familiar place, the place where he last knew things were as they were supposed to be. the ebenezer is the marked spot where God's grace & forgiveness is celebrated. if all else fails, you go back to that ebenezer and you find your way again. start over from that jumping off point.  if you get lost, spinning, no compass in sight, go back to that corner or ebenzer wherever it is-and remember how you felt right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment