Saturday, November 27, 2010
blue over you
Even though traveling can be tiring, driving from here and there, packing and unpacking, there is nothing like being refreshed by those you love.
Right now my mom is playing the piano, which she does only this time of the year. . .which makes me cry. I was thinking the other day how awesome music is and how it can completely change the mood. So I decided to make a top five soundtrack of the songs that are so wonderful that you can't help to tear up. . .in a good way of course. I will try and follow it up some time with songs that you cannot have a bad day to. Perhaps for that blog post you should check out www.blogspot.com/allthisjoyful . :-) Hart is always sunny.
1. Judy Garland in "Meet Me in St. Louis" sings a rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" that makes me weep.
2. The Grand Pas from the Nutcracker, made even more beautiful by the prima ballerinas themselves.
3. "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele. . .I remember Beef let me listen to her one night in the Go and I rediscovered her recently. LOVE that type of passion.
4. "Landslide" Stevie Nicks. . .reflective and poignant / "Butteryfly Kisses" It's a TIE. Granted, it is a little cheesy but you have to admit they are tear jerkers.
5. Mr. Harris singing anything, especially "The Circle Game." Still gets me even thinking about it.
Anything I left out? much love-em