Wednesday, May 5, 2010

my huckelberry friend

Tonight I am feeling very moon-river-y.  I don't know why.  Maybe because college is coming to a close and we are all floating away on our own moon rivers.  Or maybe because I am wearing my turbie twist right now and Audrey wears one too in this particular scene.



As frightening as it is to leave, it is wonderful to have that river to float on.  I think Audrey Hepburn finds comfort in it too.  Whether the river is a new job, a new person, or a newer/wiser outlook on life, we should sing to it like Audrey.  or maybe we could just embrace it.

I do wish for Breakfast at Tiffanys. I think that it is in a box somewhere but when I move to my new apartment and I am in my room with my cat I will watch Breakfast at Tiffanys and pretend that I am Audrey Hepburn. 

"Moon River, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style someday
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're going, I'm going your way
Two drifters, off to see the world,
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end
Waiting 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend
Moon River and me."

Audrey Hepburn, Moon River - Gets Me Everytime

No comments:

Post a Comment